Saturday, June 28, 2008

Su-Su-Studio





A BFF, MM, aka Mikey, is one of my favorite artists. And no, not just because I love the person and should by extension love the art. I love my sister, respect her artistic talents, but wish she's branch out style wise . . . MM's art, is however, breath taking. I am lucky enough to own a few pieces - have gotten my hands on rare posters and save each card that comes my way, each show flier, and many a scribble of his. Some days ago, I was invited to his studio to help with tiny odds and ends of stitching some stuffing. Me and Sharon and Ariel and Wendy got to hang out with Mikey and chat art and life set against a most exquisite San Francisco summertime sunset.

We gathered to assist in any way for the preparation of a show that happens today. Today, instead of just celebrating Pride with some Dykes on Bikes action, how about making your day's anthem Dykes, Bikes and Mike?!

I hope to see you there, and witness your face as it soaks up the whimsy and emotion and fine application of sentiment painted onto wood, coated in fur, in lines delineating ceilings above. From 3 - 5 this afternoonish evening, there's room for you at the Braunstein/Quay Gallery located at 430 Clementina Street, here in San Francisco.

Why come? Myriad reasons, but most of all "Because You Can't Make Them Stay."

1 comment:

molly said...

sad to have missed it...i'm sure it was beautiful...